Lackawanna County Combat Inflation Grant Program
It has been well-documented that the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the health and welfare of our nation and its citizens. It has also caused severe economic hardships on the business that make America run.
Inflation has hit hard, from consumer prices and goods production to transportation and income erosion. Even with the fluctuations in the inflation rate, times have remained difficult for everyone.
In an attempt to stimulate commerce and business growth, the Lackawanna County Commissioners approved a Combat Inflation Business Grant Program.
The intent of this grant is to assist businesses with monetary relief to help combat the effects of inflation. This initiative is a one-time, $5,000 grant payment to the applicant upon approval.
The funds can be utilized to support ongoing business operations; mitigate financial hardship; assist with supporting payroll and benefits and costs to retain employees; cover mortgage, rent, utility, and other operating costs; and fund workforce initiatives and/or expansion.
The eligibility requirements of the program are as follows:
- Currently operating and located in Lackawanna County.
- Be locally owned.
- Employ 2 - 100 employees.
- Provide documentation that the operation has experienced a financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Deploy 100% of the grant funds in Lackawanna County.
Additional criteria of the grant includes:
- The grant recipient and its principals must comply with all applicable federal and state laws and must be current in payment of applicable federal, state, and local taxes unless they have entered into a workout agreement satisfactory to the respective taxing authority and are fully in compliance with the terms of that agreement.
- The grant recipient and its principals have not been convicted of a financial crime in the past five years.
The following documentation must be submitted with the grant application form LC-Cl – 5000:
- Signed “Terms and Conditions of the Program” Agreement.
- 2019/2020/2021 Tax Returns; if applicable; or proof of extension of Taxes.
- A copy of the official organization documentation for the business entity, if applicable.
- Information on a grant issued under the authority of the Commonwealth’s political subdivisions, the Federal Government, or local government.
- A brief narrative on business and how COVID-19 has negatively impacted the business.
The terms, conditions, and refund policy, if applicable, will be provided once the grant is processed and approved.
The grant packet should be submitted to:
Director, Economic Development
Lackawanna County Department of Economic Development
123 Wyoming Avenue, 5th Floor
Scranton, PA 18503
It can also be dropped-off in Economic Development drop box in lobby of The Government Center at the address above.
It can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org