Appraisal Office Manager-Tyler Technologies
- Assess staffing needs for large and complex appraisal projects. Hire, train, and manage multiple clerical and/or data entry staff. May also hire, train, and manage clerical team leads, data entry specialists and clerical supervisors. Develop personnel via effective training, coaching, feedback, performance evaluations and related activities. Take performance improvement and performance development action with clerical staff, as appropriate.
- Assign, coordinate, and oversee work production and cost records of every work activity performed in the office. Ensure that all production and control logs are kept current. Anticipate and resolve outstanding issues of varying degrees of complexity.
- Assist in the preparation of the project budget. Manage costs, scheduling, product quality and safety issues relating to the internal operations of the project.
- Create and maintain various logs, reports, and spreadsheets as needed for project managers and/or clients.
- Interface with clients, property owners, and the public. Professionally represent the company and the client to property owners and other members of the public. Address field, property owner and any questions and complaints such as data verification process issues, property values questions and related issues of varying degrees of complexity and in a courteous manner.
- Assign and manage work to and monitor the productivity and results of clerical staff. Ensure all clerical work is accounted for and deadlines are met.
- Verify the accuracy and perform quality control checks for data entry work.
- Lead, contribute to and manage work streams that ensure computer sketch dimensions are consistent with field documents, resolving any discrepancies as needed.
- Develop and train others on various appraisal software systems.
- Collaborate with field staff and lead or contribute to assisting field staff by prepping cards, gathering maps, answering project and other related questions and assisting with other related work streams.
- Anticipate irregularities in demands and maximize their usage of time and organize office personnel tasks in a fashion that will produce the expected results.
- Maintain production logs of field staff and others as needed
- Perform data entry when needed.
- Manage and assist with high priority phases of projects, and advise other clerical staff especially during more complex projects.
- Manage and contribute to the transfer of hand-drawn sketches from field documents and other pertinent information into appraisal software systems.
- Identify discrepancies with sketches, system records and/or other information and work with the field staff to resolve.
- Manage, assist, and lead staff with varying degrees of issue resolution including but not limited to complex problem solving, researching and clarifying information.
- Identify, lead, and manage process improvement initiatives.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge and understanding of current county rules and appraisal terminology.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Demonstrates awareness of and adherence to Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook and Safety Handbook. These include, but are not limited to, Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity, Business Ethics, and Anti-Harassment policies. *
Performs other duties of a similar nature, as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior knowledge of appraisal systems is strongly preferred including the ability to quickly demonstrate learning of advanced appraisal systems and train others on them.
- Prior experience working with property appraisal projects and software systems strongly preferred.
- Ability to read maps, calculate square footage, property values, ratios, and similar functions.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills with prior experience training, mentoring, developing and managing office personnel.
- Strong organizational skills including keen attention to detail with prior experience prioritize multiple work streams and the ability to effectively manage work streams and projects from start to finish including the ability to lead process improvement initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills including prior experience building and maintaining trusting relationships.
- Prior experience effectively managing conflicts.
- Strong research and problem resolution skills involving root cause analysis for problems of varying degrees of complexity.
- Familiarity with appraisal business and processes is required.
- At least 3 years of data entry experience utilizing strong data entry skills is required, preferably in an appraisal or related setting.
- At least 3 years’ office supervisory experience required. Previous supervisory experience in appraisal offices strongly preferred.
- Strong customer service skills for internal and external customers.
- Strong PC skills, including advanced knowledge of MS-Word and Excel, or equivalents.
- Must be able to provide reliable transportation and maintain valid driver’s license with personal liability insurance coverage on vehicle.