- The Department is committed to a variety of programs to enhance quality of life, support the growth and development of existing businesses, attract new businesses and industries, create and retain family-sustaining jobs, and develop a business - friendly regional reputation.
We are requesting your input in a survey related to freight in Eastern Pennsylvania!
The Eastern Pennsylvania Freight Alliance (EPFA) is a consortium of Metropolitan and Rural Planning Organizations, including Lackawanna/Luzerne Transportation Study (LLTS), Lebanon County Metropolitan Planning Organization (LEBCO), Lehigh Valley Transportation Study (LVPC/LVTS), Northeastern Pennsylvania Alliance (NEPA MPO), and Reading Area Transportation Study (RATS). This 10-County region has joined to address the unique opportunities and challenges associated with freight industry growth, focused on impacts to mobility, safety, land uses, and overall state of good repair of the transportation infrastructure.
The EPFA has launched the Eastern Pennsylvania Freight Infrastructure Plan to document challenges associated with freight movement, seeking to balance the needs of all users of the region’s transportation network. Additional study goals include identifying and understanding:
- How and where trucks move into, out of, and within the 10-county region
- Transportation bottlenecks
- Safety issues and crash clusters
- Potential freight land use growth areas
The study will develop recommendations that include a prioritized list of improvements throughout the EPFA Study Area, including targeted locations (intersections or interchanges), corridor improvements, or policy changes.
The brief survey can be accessed here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZWNFHPR It should take no more than 5-10 minutes of your time. Local input is a critical element in the identification of opportunities and challenges in the region. We appreciate your thoughts as we move forward with our study.
|The Lackawanna County Commissioners presented a $50,000 donation to support the annual Toys For Tots Drive. Due to the economic hardships created by the COVID 19 pandemic, this gift will help to deliver smiles, hope and Santa to children during the holiday season.||
|Commissioner Jerry Notarianni, Commissioner Chris Chermak, Veterans Director David Eisele, Marine Staff Sergeant Sal Dely, Commissioner Debi Domenick, Esq., Director Economic Development Brenda Sacco, and Chief Solicitor Frank Ruggiero.||
- Small Business Administration Loan Fee Waiver Program
- Land Development and Construction Fee Waiver Program
- Business Improvement Grant
- Community Re-invest Program Manual and Application
- Combat Inflation Business Grant
- ACE Weatherization/Whole Home Repair Program
- NeighborWorks Aging in Place/Whole Home Repair Program